2018 Honjo International Scholarship For International Students To Study In Japan Apply
Honjo International Scholarship for International students is currently ongoing. The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers Scholarship for Graduate Students from Countries other than Japan to study for 2019 academic year.
Please, before you apply, read the eligibility requirements and other very important information in the sections appearing further below.
Honjo International Scholarship Benefits:
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Travel expenses for attending an international conference etc. will be provided to scholarship
Eligibility for Honjo International Scholarship for International Students:
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement
1. The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2019.
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional graduate school are not applicable, however, those who can submit a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1983. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1988.
5. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have a strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
6. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
7. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
Number of Awards:
15 to 20 students
Duration of Programme:
The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
How to Apply for the Honjo International Scholarship:
Prepare all the documents listed below:
1. Visit the website below and fill a form and get your application number. The application form is available later than September 15, 2018.
2. Write down the application number on the application form.
3. Print out a mailing label in the last page of application forms, write your application number on it and put it in an envelope for A4 paper to send it to the Administration Office by a postal mail.
31st October 2018