Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Program 2019/2020 (Fully-funded).
Applications are invited for the Chevening South Asia Journalism Programme Fellowship 2019/2020. The Fellowship provides mid-career journalists with an informed and evidence-based context to key policy debates and mutual understanding of international positions (including an appreciation of UK approaches), supply practical experience, and encourage dialogue on the key issues.
Fellows will undertake a bespoke fellowship programme titled ‘Good Governance in a Changing World: the Media, Politics and Society’. It explores the different ways in which the media play a part in holding democratic processes to account, including government, the civil service and security, as well as the broader political system in both the South Asia region and the UK.
The curriculum focuses on the ways in which the media are held responsible, and the wider context within which political institutions operate. The ethics of reporting are at the heart of all debates. Fellows will participate in eight intensive weeks of lectures, visits, and discussions that introduce them to key UK academics, media, and political figures in the field. They will also spend time meeting their peers in some of the UK’s top media organisations, as well as running a symposium on a topic of their choice in the final week. The next fellowship commences in March 2019 and is delivered at the University of Westminster.
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from your country of residence to the UK
- Applicants must be a citizen of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, or the Maldives. You must not hold British nationality;
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying;
- Be a mid-career journalist working in the political or economic sectors in one of the above mentioned countries;
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application;
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations of the fellowship.
Deadline: October 10, 2018
For more information, visit Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship.
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.