IFC/IYF Contest for 2018 Youth Engagement in Energy, Water & Transport
Deadline: August 6, 2018
Applications are open for the IFC/IYF Contest for Youth Engagement in Energy, Water & Transport 2018. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) and International Youth Foundation (IYF) have launched a new publication Creating Value Through Global Youth Engagement: A Smart Investment for the Infrastructure and Natural Resource Industries.
To highlight cases and best practices of engaging youth in the workforce, IFC is hosting a contest inviting young people to submit multimedia projects on the youth report’s themes and/or write-ups of examples of innovative youth engagement in action. The contest aims to inspire and create a dialogue on innovative ways to engage young people while addressing some of the problems and needs of communities and companies.
- IFC will feature and promote Finalists’ and Winners’ ideas on the commdev.org website and social media platforms, and make efforts invite Winners to events (for example: virtual webinars, virtual workshops, World Bank Youth Summit). Winners will also receive a certificate from IFC.
- The Competition is open to individuals aged 15 to 30. Participants’ ages will be determined as of 11:59 pm EST on August 6, 2018;
- Open to nationals of all countries;
- Participation is encouraged from eligible individuals with the drive to innovate regardless of their occupation (working professionals, students, NGO leaders, government officials, start-up creators, technical experts or any other).
Submit cases and good practices around water, energy, or transport highlighting existing initiatives or project ideas focused on:
- Innovative and creative youth engagement
- Benefits working age youth bring to the private sector
Submission formats will be short concept notes:
- 1-2 pages in length, all-inclusive – i.e. including all bodies of text, titles, headings, tables, textboxes, footnotes, endnotes, references, appendices etc.
- Top of the first page of the submission should contain:
- Home country
- Each case must contain the sections:
- Background/ Context
- Project Description
- Results (or anticipated/proposed results)
- Lessons Learned
- Multimedia submissions should highlight one of the report’s key area of opportunity focused on energy, water, and transport:
- Planning for the workforce of the future
- Rapid technological change
- Resilient communities
- Environmental impact and social change
- Submission formats can include:
- Video (horizontal and 60 seconds max)
- Graphic design (illustrations, painting or apparel)
Submissions can be in the form of (1) a multi-media project or (2) a case study. Feel free to reference the publication for inspiration. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit IFC/IYF Contest for Youth Engagement.
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.