Lagos State University post UTME and Direct Entry screening form for the 2017/2018 academic session is now on sale. The cut-off mark is 190.
The closing date for the Lagos State University 2017/2018 Online Admission Screening Exercise is now Tuesday, 26th September, 2017, as against Friday 15th September, 2017, initially announced.
Prospective Candidates who are yet to register/complete their registration are advised to take advantage of the one-week extension as no further extension will be granted.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2017/2018 Admission Screening Exercise, for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 Level) and Direct Entry (200 Level). This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory requirement for entry into Lagos State University.
LASU POST UTME & DIRECT ENTRY ELIGIBILITY.
- Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, Candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2017.
- ALL Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2017/2018 Academic Session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2017/2018 Academic Session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 Levels who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
LASU ACCREDITED COURSES.
– Christian Studies
– Islamic Studies
– History & International Studies
– Theatre Arts
– Portuguese / English
– Arabic Education
– Christian Studies Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– English Education
– French Education
– History Education
– Yoruba Education
– Biology Education
– Chemistry Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Health Education
– Computer Science Education
– Educational Technology
– Business Education
– Accounting Education
– Educational Management
– Geography Education
– Economics Education
– Political Science Education
4. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
– Public Administration
– Banking & Finance
– Business Administration
– Management Technology
– Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
6. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
– Mass Communication
– Computer Science
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
10. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Chemical and Polymer Engineering
LASU ONLINE SCREENING FOR ALL CANDIDATES.
The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course.
The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2017 JAMB Brochure available online.
Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
The Point grading system is as follows:
O\LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
TOTAL OBTAINABLE: 50 %
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for three weeks i.e. from Monday, 28th August to Friday, 15th September 2017 (12 midnight).
Please NOTE that the deadline for the Screening (Friday, 15th September, 2017) is STRICTLY adhered to, as there will be NO extension of the date.
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY FOR LASU POST UTME ONLINE.
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
Prospective Candidates will visit www.screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top to PAY:
i. non-refundable LASU Internet Access fee of N3,000;
ii. and non-refundable Screening fee of N2,000.
- The Prospective Candidates would be required to submit the following:
- JAMB Registration Number
- Surname, First name, Middle name
- Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
- Click on PROCEED
- On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
- Click on PAY
- Enter your email address, GSM number.
- Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
- Proceed to enter details of your ATM Card
- Click process payment
- Print your payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-mail address and GSM number.
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL CANDIDATES
After successful payment for LASU 2017/2018 Online Admission Screening Exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and CLICK CONTINUE REGISTRATION Button to print your screening PIN.
Use your JAMB Registration Number AND the printed screening PIN to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening for the screening after selecting UTME or Direct Entry (DE) Button.
- Carefully fill in your personal details as required
- Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB (JPEG)
- Save and proceed
- Carefully enter your UTME details
- Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY One (1) sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one Science subject and any other subject, ONLY if the O’ Level result used is Two (2) sittings.
- Candidates with Awaiting Result status are eligible to apply for the screening but the awaited result must be uploaded latest Friday, 15th September, 2017.
- Candidates with Awaiting Result status are also eligible to apply for the screening.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) MUST fill in their IIVC Code on the screening portal.
- Note that ANY EXAMINATION TAKEN AFTER JULY 2017 IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
- Click the “I CERTIFY” button if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
- By ticking the “I Certify” button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
- Click the “Continue” button
- After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING REPORT.
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.