MTN Ghana 2018 Bright Scholarships for Undergraduate Ghanaian Students
MTN Ghana Bright scholarships opportunity is now open to support 100 excellent but needy Ghanaian students who are entering into the tertiary level.
The MTN Ghana Foundation has supported over thousand (1000) Ghanaian students to pursue various programs at different levels of education in Ghana through its scholarship program.
- 1 MTN Ghana Foundation
- 2 What do I need to know before about studying in Ghana
- 3 Eligible Field of Study:
- 4 Host Countries:
- 5 Eligible Countries:
- 6 Scholarship Benefits:
- 7 Scholarship Number:
- 8 Eligibility for MTN Ghana Bright scholarships:
- 9 How to Apply for MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships :
MTN Ghana Foundation
The MTN Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across its 22 operations.
The MTN Ghana Foundation was established in 2007 as a single purpose vehicle to drive all MTN’s CSR initiatives in the country. The Foundation currently has three focus areas – Health, Education and Economic Empowerment. The Foundation is set up as a separate legal entity with its own independent Board of Directors and Patrons who oversee the operations of the Foundation. Its commitment is centered around the socio-economic development of the country through the roll out of appropriate and sustainable social interventions in communities all over the country.
The main aim of the Foundation is to have a broad community impacting and supporting national and international development priorities. It facilitates partnership and sharing of resources to achieve mutual objectives.
What do I need to know before about studying in Ghana
Education is a prominent component of life in Ghana. The country is actively working to improve its literacy rate and strengthen its overall economy as a result. The adult literacy rate here is about 71 percent. Males are more likely to have an education than females. In terms of opportunities for higher education, the country has numerous choices for students.
There are 21 public training colleges in the country, most of which offer specialized education for students who need between one and three years of education. There are 18 technical institutions present and two institutions issuing diplomas. The country also is home to six universities as well as various private programs. The following is a list of the public universities available in the country:
- The University of Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education
- University of Mines and Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University for Develop Studies
Additionally, the country has attracted private investment and school development. In recent years, several new universities have developed, all of which are private institutions
Eligible Field of Study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing various programs in any field of study.
The scholarship is hosted in Ghana.
The scholarship is for the First year and Continuing students pursuing first/undergraduate degree program in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana with financial need.
These opportunities have a value that includes
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation cost
- Books and academic materials
About 300 scholarships will be given to students within three(3) years. The scholarship will be available for all the ten (10) regions in Ghana.
Eligibility for MTN Ghana Bright scholarships:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Should be Ghanaian student
- Must prove to be
- Hard working with outstanding academic achievements
First Year Applicant
- Should be in first year enrolling in one of the government universities in Ghana
- Must have at least C6 in 6 courses with an aggregate 24 or better in the WASSCE or SSSCE
Considering the six courses, three of them should be a core-subject which includes; Integrated Science, Mathematics, English Language and Social Studies.
- WASSCE is A1 – C6
- SSSCE is A – D
- A continue student must have 3.0 GPA (minimum)
- Be involve in some extra curricular activities
- should not have academic disciplinary issues
- An applicant must provide a motivation letter (one page) stating why MTN Bright foundation should give you the scholarship. Indicate your educational and professional goals.
- Provide your WASSCE results, admission letters, testimonials from High School.
- Include e-mail address and phone number
- Evidence of Ghanaian Citizenship
- Any applicant on another scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- The foundation will give priority to students studying Computer science, ICT and Engineering.
- Persons with any disability and females are strongly encouraged to submit an application.
How to Apply for MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships :
- Applicants can apply online Here
- Or pick up a form, fill it and submit to MTN head office or any of the regional offices; Kumasi (Nyaeso), Accra, Sunyani main office, Tamale office, Wa office, Bolgatanga office, Ho main office, Cape Coast, Koforidua main office.
For further assistance, please click on the link below.
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.