See How to Apply for Recruitment2018 at SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria
SOS Children’s Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Admin & Logistics Coordinator
- The overview of the role is to provide the National Office, Abuja with quality facility management, fleet and transport management, general administration in service monitoring and supplier management, including liaising with heads of departments and staff to identify their facilities related requirements and propose and manage cost effective solutions while ensuring that the required standards are maintained.
- He/she will manage immigration services and provide administrative support to enable departments to function effectively and efficiently.
- Manage asset and facility through liaison with relevant teams to order and manage all furniture and fittings, operate and manage energy and waste processes, monitoring of costs and expenses in line with prescribed standards.
- Office management and administration – provision of leadership for and management of performance of support staff and development of budget for the admin activities in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Fleet and Transport management – develop vehicle management database, cost monitoring and analysis and align with relevant organization policies.
- Provide support in the workplace (environmental health and safety)
- Ensure effective store management system in place.
- Coordinate effective and efficient logistics in the organization
- Provide immigration and travel support to staff (e.g Travel Visas etc)
- First degree in any of the Social Sciences, especially in Business Administration, etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience, including office management and admin experience with strong planning and organization skills
- Proven experience as logistics coordinator and experience in customer service will be appreciated.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Discretion, honesty, sincerity and dynamism
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
The overview of the role is to coordinate the recruitment process, manage employee performance and skills assessment, provide support in the learning and capacity development process; support in the design and development of training programmes and conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed; support in organization design and the strategic perspective of the organization; as well as the implementation of the HR & Organizational Development Policies within the Organization by ensuring the compliance with HR processes in pursuit of the goals and objectives of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria.
- Support the programme locations in developing HR plans and strategies aligned to the organization’s strategic direction as well as the full implementation of the defined HR standards and good practices in the locations.
- With the support of HROD Advisor/Head of Function, co-ordinate & facilitate the change process in the programme
- Support the process of recruitment, selection & placement of employees together with relevant line managers and the coordination of the induction/orientation of employees as well as the implementation of training/development of staff
- Support the implementation of performance and career management system aimed at contributing directly to the business strategy in the programme location
- With support from the HROD Advisor/Head of Function, visit and support Heads of functions in the programme locations to effectively implement SOS CV Human Resource Manual and other related policies within our local context as approved.
- B.Sc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus.
- CIPM certification is an advantage
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices, including payroll management.
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities and familiarity with social media recruiting.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability in using MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel Power-point).
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Highly organized and efficient worker; skilled at multi-tasking and possess good time management skills
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the National Director
- The overview of the role is to provide personal and administrative support and assist the National Director in his/her usual tasks and responsibilities.
- He/she will coordinate the information flow between the Program Locations and the National Office on the one hand; and the National Office and the Regional Office, on the other hand. He/she will complement in the delivery of projects, strategic plans and also supervise the admin co-workers under him/her.
- Provide personal administrative assistance to the National Director.
- Compile and prepare reports on monthly basis or as requested
- Coordinate information flow between the program locations and the National Office/National Association, and between the National Office and the Regional Office.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the General Secretarial.
- Coordinate the administrative function in the National Office.
- Coordinate immigration and protocol activities
- Minimum of Bachelor degree with 5 years’ experience as a Personal Assistant to a Top Executive or at a supervisory level
- Strong knowledge of admin, scheduling, equipment maintenance and travel logistics.
- Strong computer literacy [MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; reporting, organization, presentation and time management skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience in the field of Social Works will be added advantage.
Job Title: Intern and Volunteer
Interns and Volunteers are welcome in the following functions:
- Programme Development (Include minimum qualification)
- Education/Teaching(Include minimum qualification)
- Brand & Communication (Graphics and Video editing- Include minimum qualification)
- Fund Development & Communication (Include minimum qualification)
- Human Resources (Include minimum qualification)
- ICT (Include minimum qualification)
- General Administration- Front Desk etc (Include minimum qualification)
- Finance (Include minimum qualification)
- Auditor (Include minimum qualification)
- Sponsorship (Include minimum qualification)
Job Title: Institutional Partnership Development Advisor
- The overview of the role is to support and advise the National Association in the development of partnership with institutions, in order to significantly diversify and increase the financial resources available for national programmes.
- S/he will work with the National Director and the Program Team to mobilize institutional funding for SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria.
- He/she will develop and implement institutional partnership strategies and will be a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio as well as day to day donor relationship management with bilateral donors, international organizations, governmental institutions, embassies and any other relevant national or international organizations.
- Fundraising and Donor Liaison through identifying institutional partnership opportunities at the national/local levels, writing of concept notes and full proposals for both grants and contracts under the strategic guidance of the Program Head, coordinating and facilitating consortium formation and proposal development as well as developing MOUs.
- Donor Contract Management through preparation and submission of IPD monthly updates and reports, donor contract management of institutional (restricted) grants.
- Strategy and capacity building – develop and implement an institutional fundraising and partnership strategy in line with the needs of the organization, train and support relevant staff in project cycle management and logical frame approach, etc.
- Partnership development and networking through establishing and maintaining regular contact with donors, participation in regional IPD networking and training, etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor and preferably Master Degree in the Social Sciences [Social Work, Psychology, Social-pedagogy, Community Development or Economics].
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in the field of Project Management.
- 4-7 years’ extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a thorough understanding of development programming.
- A strong understanding of program design and development, especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihoods, Gender and GBV, Child Protection, etc.
- Experience in social science research and extensive experience conducting assessments, evaluations, etc.
- A thorough understanding of DCM, PCM, and training approaches is required.
- Strong critical thinking, innovation and proven leadership skills.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality as well as modelling principled behavior.
Job Title: Sponsorship Officer
- The overview of the role is to support in providing effective performance standard for the improvement of the well-being of children in in our target group.
- He/she will be responsible for producing good quality sponsorship correspondence, processing of timely and updated sponsorship information and tasks for relevant parties.
- He/she will also ensure files and other records are updated and secure, confidential, accountable and the efficient management of information about enrolled children and sponsors as well as the prompt completion of pre-sponsorship materials (Data entries, Child stories/child narratives, child photos etc), in accordance with the organization’s policies.
- Editing of draft and upload of sponsorship letters into SPS.
- Gift management through receiving gifts and parcels from post office, screening, and acknowledgement of same to sponsors through SPS.
- Management of children and young adult’s personal files.
- Writing of “Thank You” letters for gifts and parcels, etc.
- Must possess a Degree in English Language, Social Science, Economic or Development Studies.
- At least 3 years’ cognate experience with planning and organization ability.
- Possess basic knowledge on development field and understanding the sponsorship works.
- Experience and knowledge of child-sponsorship and fundraising function are desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English and facilitation skills.
- Project Proposal and Report Writing skills as well as experience in photography, especially of children, will be added advantage.
- Strong networking, tact and diplomacy as well as practical social manners.
- Discretion, honesty, sincerity and dynamism
- Flexibility & ability to work with teams
- Good ICT skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th June, 2018