2018 coLABS Impact Investing Fund for Early-stage Social Enterprises
Deadline: September 15, 2018
Gray Matters Capital is accepting applications for the coLABS Impact Investing Fund. coLABS is an early-stage investment portfolio seeking to invest in bold, innovative, and widely scalable social enterprises that have the potential to dramatically improve the lives of women and girls around the world. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
coLABS is a portfolio under Gray Matters Capital (GMC), a private operating foundation founded by Bob Pattillo that focuses on impact investments. GMC believes the best investment strategy is to bet on entrepreneurs and market-based solutions. Its mission is an education leading to a more purposeful life for 100 million women globally by 2036. Over the last 10 years, the Atlanta-based foundation has devoted $160 million to microfinance and education initiatives, primarily in South Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Open to early-stage social enterprises across the world (however mostly focused on emerging markets/developing countries in Africa, Latin America, and S/SE Asia)
They are looking for companies from any country and any sector that meet the following criteria:
- Impact on Women – Is improving the lives of women/girls at the core of your business?
- Scalability – Can your business model grow to reach exponential numbers of women and new markets within 5 years?
- Innovation – How are you bringing something new to the market?
- Ready for Investment – Have you tested your model and are now ready for revenue-share investment capital ($50,000 – $250,000 USD) to scale?
Do you align with our investment criteria? If so, they encourage you to apply for investment consideration.
Due to the volume of pre-screening applications we receive, please allow their team up to 4 weeks to respond to your investment inquiry.