The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utility Engineer
Job Reference: UE/02/2017
Functional areas: Engineering
Department: Supply Chain
The Utility Engineer reports to the Plant Engineer and the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Establishes, monitors and reinforces control on maintenance strategy execution in area of responsibility that includes water treatment plants, effluent treatment plants, iron removal plants, steam boilers, air compressors-high & low pressure, cooling compressors, chillers, air handling systems pumps etc.
- Participates in organization – and executes annual overhaul of production lines.
- Improves reliability and efficiencies by ensuring optimal execution of maintenance tasks.
- Participates in developing business plans targeting productivity improvement and increased cost efficiency
- Contributes to preparation- and controls annual utilities related maintenance budget ensuring sufficient funds to cover all routines and initiatives reflected in strategy & operational plans.
- Actively participates and ensures the implementation of various infrastructure or process optimization projects
- Effectively applies business performance review (E2020) management routine
- Optimizes the ability of assets to operation
- Evaluates effectiveness of corrective actions using all available data
- Maintains effective systems to ensure CC Hellenic/TCCC products and package quality
- Prepares, presents and interprets Maintenance KBI’s, makes recommendations which result in increased productivity and efficiency; reduces cost and improves customer satisfaction
- Achievement of business targets by optimal use of labour and materials
- Analyses cost centre variances and investigates ways to improve cost performance
- Understands and controls main cost drivers in Maintenance
- Ensures full use of SAP Plant Maintenance module to be able to monitor cost and execution of utilities related maintenance activities
- Builds maintenance teams’ capabilities through implementation of training and development programs
- Ensures IDP’s are in place and executed for all direct reports
- Ensures training programmes are attended by all nominated team members. Follows up implementation of leanings
- Develops unit capabilities to achieve maximum utilization of technology and equipment
- Effectively applies approved selection and development tools for recruitment and development of employees
- Develops and coaches, and provides feedback to team members for better performance and develops successors
- Communicates unit strategy and ensures that all unit members understand and accept it
- Leads processes, systems and people side of all change initiatives in the unit
- Sets stretching but achievable objectives for all people in the unit
- Addresses poor performers quickly at all levels
- Lives and promotes company values and culture, and helps employees to understand and embrace them
- Personally lives the Company values and Code of Business Conduct and demonstrates them consistently
- Implements performance management systems with discipline in order to ensure that all first-line managers deliver full performance
- Regularly updates team members on company processes, changes and initiatives
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with team, internal customers, peers, institutions, suppliers
- Builds productive relationships with the employee/ union representatives
- Builds and re-reinforces relationships with Production, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production Planning
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with the relevant government bodies
- Ensures continuous process improvement by exploring Group and industry benchmark and employees input
- Listens to and encourages employee recommendations and implements the ones delivering values quickly
- Learns and implements best practices from outside and shares own best practices within CC Hellenic
- Promotes process automation and use of technology
- Ensure all Health, Safety & Environment policies and procedures are in place and followed
- Ensures all work is carried out in a safe and appropriate manner by maintenance personnel and service/contractor personnel
- Ensures Maintenance impact on environment is minimized and within the CC Hellenic and regulatory limits
- Implements and provides disciplined monitoring and reporting regarding the implementation of labour legislation, certification standards, CC Hellenic/TCCC CSR Practices and international agreements
- Plays a leading role in implementing communication and actions which put the Quality First (product, behaviour, communication, etc.)
- Ensures property and loss prevention.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- B.Sc in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or Suitable Equivalent with 6 years working experience in the field of Production Management or Maintenance in Food or Beverage Industry.
- Experience in budgeting. Experience in people management.
- Experience in execution of projects such as: line commissioning, annual maintenance planning.
- Knowledge of a bottling organization: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety. Operational planning expertise/experience.
- Delegation skills. Full knowledge of SC strategy.
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions.
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins.
- Ability to select and assess first-line managers.
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others.
- Ability to empower managers.
- Ability to translate function strategy into unit/section’s plan.
- Ability to lead and manage change.
- Ability to set standards for management performance. High integrity.
- Ability to build relationships to improve results.
- Ability to understand what drives peers in other units.
- Open-minded and willing to experiment and try new things. Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to disseminate and enforce safety, health & environment policy.
- Ability to implement quality and health, safety & environment improvements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Date
9th March, 2017.
Pls don’t hesitate sharing this Information across to others via our sharing buttons below.
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.