The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below this position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Assistant Teacher
Department: AUN Academy Elementary
Summary of Position
- The Assistant Teacher is responsible for providing pupils with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth, enabling pupils to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- The position assists in developing and implementing work schemes and lesson plans in line with the requirements of the school stage, which meets the curriculum program according to guidelines established by the board policies and administrative regulations.
- These duties involve organizing and developing the lesson plans that meet standard requirements of the School and also using appropriate learning materials and equipment that reflect the accommodations for assessed student learning styles.
- At least a National Certificate of Education (NCE) or a National Diploma with concentration in Education.
- Prior experience as working with pupils in early years classes
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Experience teaching young children
- Passion for teaching
- Demonstrate genuine and love and fondness for children
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply for American University of Nigeria 2017 Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status
Application Deadline: 3rd August, 2017.