Brazilian Government 2018/201 Graduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
Applications are currently ongoing for the Brazilian Government Graduate Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below.
The Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES) launched the selection of candidates for the Postgraduate Students-Agreement Program (PEC-PG), which aims to grant full scholarships for students, professors, researchers and other professionals of developing countries, with which Brazil maintains an Agreement for Educational, Cultural or Science and Technology Cooperation.
The Coordination of Improvement of Higher Level Staff (CAPES) has announced the launch of edict no 25/2018, for which it disseminates the offer of 100 scholarships for full doctorate course in higher education institutions (ies), within the framework of the graduate student program (PEC-PG), for admission in 2019.
- 1 Eligible Countries for the Scholarship:
- 2 Host Country:
- 3 Scholarship Type
- 4 Who is Eligible for the Brazilian Government Graduate Scholarships:
- 5 Number of Scholarship:
- 6 What are the benefits of the award?
- 7 Duration:
- 8 How to Apply for the Brazilian Government Graduate Scholarships:
- 9 Application Deadline:
Eligible Countries for the Scholarship:
Who is Eligible for the Brazilian Government Graduate Scholarships:
Among the requirements to apply to the PEC-PG is that the candidate:
- must be a citizen of a developing country, with which Brazil has an agreement or memorandum of understanding in the area of Educational, Cultural or Science and Technology Cooperation;
- can not have Brazilian nationality,
- even if binational, nor be the son of Brazilians;
- can not have a permanent visa in Brazil;
- must have a full undergraduate or masters degree;
- besides being financially responsible for the passage to Brazil and for its maintenance for a minimum of 60 days, until the receipt of the first monthly payment of the PEC-PG scholarship.
Number of Scholarship:
What are the benefits of the award?
- Full Doctor in Brazil
- Brazil – external passage (financed by MRE)
The activity schedule is as follows:
– disclosure: June 2018;
– registration submission: 01 to 31 August 2018;
– disclosure of the preliminary result: until 15 November 2018;
– disclosure of the final result: until 30 November 2018;
– start of academic activities: from February 2019.
Duration: 48 months
How to Apply for the Brazilian Government Graduate Scholarships:
In order to apply, candidates must present the registration to take the Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese for Foreigners (Celpe-Bras). Candidates from Portuguese speaking countries are exempt from the proficiency exam. Celpe-Bras will be held this year at October 1st (registration until 13 July).
A preparatory course is available at Brazil-South Africa Cultural Centre (CCBAS – firstname.lastname@example.org /phone: +27 12 366 5293) from 30 July to 26 September.
Online registration for CELPE-Bras: https://goo.gl/TfbkZH
We reiterate the importance of the candidate to register for the CELPE-Bras Exam until July 13.
31st August 2018 (Application opens 1st August)
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.