DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2018/2019, Requirements and Application Details.
Delta State University, DELSU postgraduate programme admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session is now on-sale. See more details below;
The Delta State University (DELSU) invites applications form suitably qualified candidates to its 2018/2019 academic session postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Masters, Academic Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees) admission.
DELSU Postgraduate Programmes.
Below list of Delta State University Postgraduate programmes offered in the institution.
|FACULTY / DEPARTMENT||PROGRAMMES|
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE|
|Agricultural Economics & Agricultural Extension||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Animal Science||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Fisheries||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Forestry and Wildlife||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Agronomy (i) Crops Science (ii) Crop Protection (iii) Soil Science)||PGD, Professional Master, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
|Fine and Applied Arts:||i. Graphics, Ceramics ii. Sculpture and Textile Design||MFA|
|Art History||M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Studio Art: (i) Ceramics ii) Graphics (iii) Sculpture (iv) Painting & Textiles||Ph.D.|
|History||M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Music||PGDM; M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Religious Studies & Philosophy:(i) Old Testament(ii) New Testament(iii) Church History (iv) ATR (v) Christian Theology||M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Theatre Arts: Theatre Arts||M.A. & Ph.D|
|Languages & Linguistics: i) French Languages & Linguistics ii) Lit. in French iii) Translation||M.A.|
|FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES|
|Physiology||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Anatomy||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|Educational Administration & Policy Studies||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Guidance & Counseling / Measurement & Evaluation.||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Library & Information Science:||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Science Education (i) Biology (ii) Chemistry (iii) Mathematics||M.Ed.|
|Social Science Education:|
|Vocational Education: (i) Agricultural Education (ii) Home Economics||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Technical & Business Education: (i) Industrial Technology Education||M.Sc. (Ed)|
|Human Kinetics & Health Education:(i) Human Kinetics Education(ii) Exercise Physiology & Sports Science(ii) Sports Management/Health Education||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Institute of Education||(i) Education||PGDE|
|(ii) Basic Education||PGDBE|
|(iii) Educational Management||PGDEM|
|FACULTY OF LAW|
|Law||MLD, LL.M. & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES|
|Accounting/Banking & Finance||PGDBF & M.Sc.|
|Business Administration & Marketing||(i) Business Administration||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|(ii) Marketing||PGD, M.Sc.|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE|
|Animal & Environmental Biology:||PGD), M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Biochemistry;||M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Chemistry: (i) Analytical/Environmental Chemistry(ii) Inorganic Chemistry (iii)Organic Chemistry(iv) Physical Chemistry (v) Industrial Chemistry||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Geology: (i) Engineering Geology(ii) Environmental Geology (iii) Hydrogeology(iv) Petroleum Geology (v) Mineral Exploration||M.Sc|
|Mathematics: (i) Mathematics (ii) Industrial Mathematics||M.Sc|
|Physics: (i) Geophysics (i) Solid State Physics (iii) Radiation & Health Physics (iv) Theoretical Physics||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Microbiology: (i) Environmental Microbiology (ii) Food and Industrial Microbiology.||M.Sc.|
|FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|A. REGULAR PROGRAMMES|
|Economics||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Geography and Regional Planning||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Political Science||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Sociology||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|B. WEEKEND PROGRAMMES|
|Business Administration||PGDBA & MBA|
|Economics||PGDPE & MEPE|
|Mass Communication:||(i) Post graduate Diploma in Communication Management||PGDCM|
|(ii) Professional Master Degree in Communication Management||MCM|
|Sociology: Master in Crime Control||MCC|
DELSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must have a degree or its equivalent from a Senate-recognized institution. They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
- A candidate applying for Ph.D. in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall or a CGPA of 3.50 in a scale of 5.00 .
- Candidates applying for academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.) must be holders of bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate.
- Candidates applying for professional Master Degree must be holders of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate.
DELSU Professional Masters ProgrammesRequirements.
Candidates must possess a minimum of Third Class Honours Degree, in any discipline from Delta State University or other Universities recognized by Senate or Higher National Diploma (HND) of not less than lower credit with years of experience. Programmes include Master in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE), and Master in Communication Management (MCM).
DELSU Ph.D. Programmes Requirements.
Candidates with relevant academic Masters Degrees from the Delta State University, Abraka or other Universities recognized by the Senate, and must have scored at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.00 or 60% overall average in Masters Degree to qualify for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy Programme.
Specific Departmental requirements can be accessed from HERE.
Duration for DELSU Postgraduate Programmes.
Minimum duration for Postgraduate Diploma (Full time): – 2 Semesters
Minimum duration for Academic Masters (Full time): – 3 Semesters
Minimum duration for Professional Masters: – 4 Semesters
Minimum duration for Ph.D (Full time): – 6 Semesters.
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission.
Candidates are required to visit www.delsuonline.com and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2018/2019 PG Admission Form online and to also generate an application virtual pin of N31,000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only. Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks: Ecobank, UBA Zenith Bank, Unity Bank and Fidelity Bank
Note: All applicants must submit photocopies of the following documents:
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate obtained from NYSC Office only
- A 3–5 page research proposal indicating area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website delsuonline.com before completing the Application Form.
Candidates should submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents at the Postgraduate School Office, Abraka on or before 30th June, 2018. List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on 31st August, 2018.