National Mathematical Center, NMC Nigerian Mathematics & Sciences National Olympiad Competition Registration Guidelines | First and Second Rounds | Junior and Senior Olympiad Competition for 2018/2019 Session.
This is is to inform the general public that the National Mathematical Center has commenced the registration of the Nigerian Mathematics & Sciences National | Olympiad Competition for the 2018/2019/2020 academic session.
According to the General Time-Table Distribution and sales of forms (Syllabus provided) commences from June – September 30, 2018.
The National Mathematical Centre, Abuja National Olympiad Competition is opened to students in JSS1 to SS3
The competition is mainly in Mathematics (Senior & Junior), Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Junior Science and Informatics (Senior & Junior).
Examinations are conducted in the first round for all interested students in all arms of secondary education.
Students who would excel in the First round will participate in the Second, Third and Fourth Rounds after which qualifying students will be selected in all subjects to represent Nigeria in the yearly International Olympiads that usually take place in different countries in the summer of every year.
Students who excel in the First round at the State Level will be awarded Star Prizes of Tablets, Handsets and Android Phones as encouragement for their performance. Plaques, Medals and Certificates of excellent performance will also be awarded to Schools, Teachers and Students who performed well in the various subjects.
Students can participate in up to two subjects in the competition.
Application Forms are available in all the 36 States Ministry of Education and other accredited agents from NMC Abuja at the cost of One Thousand Two Hundred Naira Only (n1,200) per student per subject.
Rules and Regulations
- For the IOI, a Country is a state that has an officially recognised relationship with the United Nations, UNESCO, or which has already taken part in one or more past IOIs.
- The organisation of the IOI in year n is the responsibility of the Host Country for IOI’n. A Host Country consists of the responsible Ministry(ies), Institution(s), and/or Corporation(s) in that Country.
- Each participating Country is represented by a National Delegation; all members of a National Delegation represent one Country. A National Delegation is headed by a Delegation Leader, includes a team of one to four Contestants and, if there is more than one Contestant, may include a Deputy Leader.
- The Deputy Leader can act as a replacement for the Delegation Leader in all situations and may assist their Delegation Leader in all their duties.
- A Contestant is a student who was enrolled at a school for secondary education, in the Country they are representing, during the period September to December in the year before IOI’n, and is not older than twenty years on the 1st of July of the year of IOI’n. Students who are studying abroad may represent the Country of their nationality.
Nigerian Mathematics & Sciences National Olympiad Competition Registration Guidelines – 2018/2019
To participate in Olympiads competition, School representatives/Coordinators are expected to login or create/sign up an account on behalf of their school, and register the participants of the competition.
Cordinators are expected to complete the registration process for the participant(s) by making payment online or at any branch of commercial banks nation-wide. Schools will be billed based on the number of participants upon registration of the participants.
A Remita reference Number (RRR) will be generated for the school/coordinator which shall be used for payment.
Upon successful payment, cordinators will be issued username and password for each participant to enable them participate in the online mock/self test questions.
The mock questions is available online Here
If you don’t have an account, Create Account Here
For further enquiries, contact the support centre: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REMEMBER!!! There is No Joy without Sharing, Be social by sharing this post with Others using the Sharing Buttons Below.