NUC Accredited Courses Offered in FUD | The National Universities Commission (NUC) List of Approved Thirty-Seven  Newly Approved Programmes in Federal University Dutse, FUD.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the commencement of thirty seven programmes at the Federal University Dutse.
This was disclosed by the Vice-Chancellor Professor Fatima Batul Mukhtar at a press briefing. The VC who described the success of the recent resource verification exercise as unprecedented in the history of the University said the result of the exercise for about 37 programmes came back positive adding that the University stall commence these programmes in the 2018/2019 academic session.
See also: List of Courses Offered at FUD
FULL TEXT OF A PRESS BRIEFING BY THE VICE – CHANCELLOR, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE. PROFESSOR FATIMA BATUL MUKHTAR ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER II, 2018 AT THE SENATE CHAMBER OFTHE UNIVERSITY
- Good morning gentlemen of the press. I am pleased to welcome you to this special press briefing on the outcome of the recent Resource Verification Exercise conducted by the National Universities Commission on Academic Programmes the university intends to mount this 2018/2019 academic session.
- Some of you here may recall that during the last pre-convocation press briefing in March this year. I informed you that the university shall establish the Faculty of Management Sciences during the 2018/2019 academic session. In our resolve to expand access to education while maintaining academic excellence . we did not only present programmes in the Faculty of Management Sciences for Resource Verification by NUC. we also included programmes in a newly establish Faculty of Computing. Postgraduate programmes were also presented for Resource verification.
- I am happy you inform you that the result of the Resource Verification Exercise for about 37 programmes came back positive. We have been certified by NUC to begin the following programmes;
Faculty of Agriculture
1. Agricultural Economics, M.Sc,
2. Agricultural Economics, Ph.D
3. Agricultural Extension. M.Sc.
4. Agricultural Extension , Ph.D
5. Agric Business, M.Sc.,
6. Agric Business. PhD
Faculty of Science
1. Computer Science. M.Sc,
2. Botany, M. Sc,
3. Botany, Ph. D
4. Zoology, M.Sc,
5. Zoology, Ph.D
6. Microbiology, PGD,
7. Microbiology, M.Sc,
8. Microbiology, Ph.D
9. Chemistry, M.Sc.
10. Applied Mathematics, M.Sc.
11. Applied Mathematics, PGD
12. Physics, M.Sc.
13. Physics. Ph.D
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
1. Development Economics, PGD
2. Development Economics, MSc
3. Economics, M.Sc
4. English, M.A
5. Linguistics(French), B.A
6. Linguistics(Arabic), B.A
7. Linguistics(English), B.A
8. Criminology and Security Studies. PGD.
9. Criminology and Security Studies, M.Sc.
Faculty of Computing
1. Information Technology, B.Sc.
2. Software Engineering, B.Sc.
3. Cyber Security, B.Sc.
Faculty of Management Sciences
1. Accounting, B.Sc
2. Banking and Finance, B.Sc.
3. Taxation, B.Sc.
4. Business Administration, B.Sc.
5. Actuarial Science, B.Sc.
This I must say is a major achievement of this administration. The expanded programmes will deepened access to education and bring variety ofcourses to prospecting students. Having achieved this, we would work assiduously to meet the challenges of NUC accreditation exercise when the time comes.
My next target is the establishment of Faculty of Education. This too I intend to achieve by the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
At this juncture. I would like to commend the governing council, management and staff of the Federal University Dulse for the maximum support they have given me so far. I pledge to continue to do my best to consolidate on the achievements of the university.
May I also thank the government and good people of Jigawa state for their support and cooperation.