About Olabisi Onabanjo University
Olabisi Onabanjo University (formerly Ogun State University) was established as a multi-campus institution in 1982 by the Ogun State Government as an autonomous public Institution with the sole purpose of providing higher education in the Humanities, Sciences, Technology and Medicine and encouraging the advancement of learning in all major spheres of human endeavour. In its thirty-five years of existence, the University has impacted positively on the society and continues to pursue its vision of being a world-class University in the 21st century with prominence in the areas of teaching, learning, research and linkages with local and international educational institutions.
In line with relevant provisions of the law establishing the University the Governing Council has authorized the commencement of the process for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor for the University.
To this end, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- A candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor shall exhibit dear qualities of academic leadership.
- The candidate shall possess the ability to foster and maintain effective working relationship with the University community (staff and students), the Alumni Association and the general public (national and international).
- The candidate shall show evidence of high-level managerial and executive capacity in the administration of a higher educational institution.
- The candidates shall possess NUC recognized Ph.D degree or its equivalent. In addition, he shall be a Professor of not less than seven years standing
- The person to be appointed shall not be more than sixty-five (65) years old on or before resumption of duty.
- The candidate shall have a sound university education and a distinction in the academic discipline. The person’s academic standing and reputation shall be sufficiently high to command national and international respect, particularly in the academic world, such that it would enhance the good reputation already established for the University.
- The candidates shall have considerable administrative experience and qualities of a good manager of human and material; resources.
- The candidates shall be a person of courage who can take decisions on the merit of facts and principles, and not on the basis of pressure from individuals or groups. He/She shall also be a person of unassailable integrity.
- The candidates shall be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- The candidates shall be committed to the ideals of a university as a citadel of learning, not only in the context of national social relevance and of international scholastic excellence, but also in the University’s philosophy of a “Development University”.
- The candidates shall be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University, and command the respect and loyalty of both staff and students.
- The candidates shall posses such personality as can attract funding both local and international communities to supplement government subventions.
- The tenure of office of the Vice-Chancellor shall be for a single term of five(S) years only.
Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Governing Council but comparable to those applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellors of other public universities in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies each of their credentials and curriculum vitae in the following format:
- Full Name (Surname first);
- Place and Date of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- E-mail Address;
- Telephone Number;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Marital Status
- Number and Dates of Birth of Children;
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic qualifications (with dates);
- Membership of academic and professional bodies (with dates);
- Academic awards and distinctions;
- Details of administrative, fund-attraction and managerial experience in the University system;
- Major scholarly Publications or breakthrough (well referenced)
- Specific services to local, national and international communities (with dates, institutions, establishments and status);
- Present employment, status, salary and employer;
- Extra Curricular activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
In addition to the above, all applicants are expected to submit a not more than one thousand (1000) words position paper on their vision for the University in the next five (5) years.
All applications must be submitted in sealed envelopes, marked “Vice-Chancellor Position” on the right corner of the envelope and should be addressed to:
Olabisi Onabanjo University,
- All applicants must request their referees to forward their reports to the Registrar under confidential cover, not later than the closing date of this advertisement.
- Applicants are to please note that only short-listed candidates will be required to make themselves available for further interaction with the appropriate organ of the University.
Application Deadline: 12th September, 2017.