See How to Apply For Demand Safety Manager Recruitment 2018 at Guinness Nigeria
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Safety Manager – (Contractor)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Reports To: HSE Manager – Ogba and Corporate
Business and Role Context
- To protect people, brands and reputation of Diageo Africa Business, processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, Diageo’s policies and the Diageo Risks Management standards.
- This is in order to satisfy Diageo’s governance requirements of its operating units. Diageo has established requirements to provide operational risk management support across its demand locations in Africa.
- In Nigeria the Demand locations are located at HQ, Lagos and a number of locations across the region.
Purpose of the Role
- Provide leadership in auditing and management of health and safety and other risk management issues at all demand locations identified.
- Working with site management and executive teams to constantly improve standard in the area of:
- Health and safety
- Fire safety management
- Use of Hazardous substances
- Control and management of hazardous tasks
- Events risk assessment
- Risk management.
Complexity of the Role
- The role operates across multiple locations in Nigeria, as well as interacting at the regional and global level with safety teams and functions.
- The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse regulatory system and setting and adapting standards as needed.
- Champion safety and risk management improvement across Nigeria.
- Be responsible for communicating, reporting and ensuring compliance to Diageo Global Risk Management Standards (GRMS).
- Lead the safety changes require to meet Diageo requirements across the demand locations for Nigeria.
- Lead and support the activities across Nigeria’s Demand business to ensure they embed and sustain a culture of compliance to all the Diageo risk management standards including legal compliance.
- Lead safety management initiatives through the Demand leadership teams to ensure they are entrenched across all locations.
- Embed Diageo standards in all Demand locations in Nigeria, including training required at locations.
- Manage the development of safety capability of in-market resources.(e.g. Local H.R,safety champions and sales managers)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with proven track record in safety management of at least 2-3 years.
- Good auditing and change management skills.
- Influencing without authority/Situational leadership, able to lead and work effectively across functions.
- HND/University degree, Master’s degree may be an advantage.
- Professional certification in NEBOSH level certificate in Health and safety equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Diageo risk management processes and policies.
- Computer literacy with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply