University Of Port-Harcourt 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Form is Out and on Sale. See More Details Here.
The University Of Port-Harcourt Postgraduate Admission Form is On Sale for the 2018/2019 academic session. All interested members of the public are hereby informed.
This is to inform the general public that the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
UNIPORT Postgraduate General Admission Requirements & Duration.
DURATION OF GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- The Programme is to run on a Full-Time basis to last for a minimum of 12 calendar months and the maximum of 24 calendar months and two consecutive long vacations of eight (8) weeks each for sandwich programme.
- MBA Programme
- Full-Time: Minimum of 24 Calendar Months and Maximum of 36 Calendar Months
- MD and MS Programmes
- The Programmes will last for at least 24 Calendar Months.
- Ph.D Programmes
- Full-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months.
- Part-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 84 calendar months.
- DBA Programme
- Full-time candidates shall be required to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years from the date of first registration.
- Part-time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
O/LEVEL: All candidates must possess a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other O/Level requirements as specified by each Department/ Faculty.
ALL PGP PROGRAMMES: The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a Bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines. Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES: Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent. Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a first Degree in another field and in addition a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative background. Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for Master’s Degree in the relevant field
Ph.D PROGRAMMES: Generally, for the Ph.D Programmes, candidates should have a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the Department or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level. Admission will be based on interview performance. Ph.D involves course work and qualifying examination.
- Candidates must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with Medical Degree of recognized University.
- In addition to the above, candidates must possess either a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or at least an M.Sc Degree of a recognized University, after the MBBS Degree
How to Apply for UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission.
Application Fee of Fourteen Thousand Naira (N14.000.00) should be paid online at any of the following Banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank and Sterling Bank.
It is mandatory for every candidate to pay the sum of Six Thousand Naira (N6.000.00) for Prospectus.
Candidates should also visit www.sgs.uniportdatacenter.net/portal/application to download the Application Forms after payment.
Please note that payment for Application Form does not guarantee admission and the application fee is non-refundable.
ENCLOSURES TO ACCOMPANY THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Please enclose two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form
For Further inquiries about 2018/2019 UNIPORT postgraduate admission, please contact the following between 9.00 a.m and 4.00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
THE GRADUATE STUDIES OFFICER
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES – 07059243946
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
P. M. B. 5323, PORT HARCOURT.
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
NO. 6 HARARE STREET
WUSE ZONE 6 – 08037086089
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
LAGOS LIAISON OFFICE
23 BUSH STREET, OKUPE ESTATE, – 08023415448
CLOSING DATE: Completed Application Forms with all necessary enclosures must be returned to the Office of the Graduate Studies Officer, not later than Friday, August 31, 2018
Join Over 100,000+ Readers Online
WARNING! Do not attend to any call asking for money in regards to Jobs and Scholarships opportunity published on this website (schoolinfo.com.ng). It's our aim in making adequate and accurate information available for Scholars. So, we will never demand money from you for that. BEWARE!!!