As one of the world’s top forestry schools, the Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia is giving away the largest single grant (up to $280,000) for a forestry student.
Field of Study: The fellowship recipient will enroll in a UBC PhD program and conduct research focused in one of the following areas:
Forest Products Biotechnology – Bioenergy – Forest Genomics – Climate Change – Urban Forestry – Forest Management – Conservation – Forested Landscapes – Salmon Ecology – Forest Health – Forests and Indigenous Peoples – Forests and Human Health
About the Award: The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
- Applicants must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018 (a completed application to the Forestry PhD program September 2018 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship).
- To receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
- remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
- not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
- Academic Excellence: Weighting 30%
- Research ability or potential: Weighting 50%
- Communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities: Weighting 20%
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
Duration of Program: 4 years
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International
How to Apply:
The FFF application and list of supporting documents required will be made available starting August 1, 2017. In order to be considered for the Fellowship, a complete PhD program application (September 2018 intake) must also be submitted
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: UBC
Application Deadline: 24th November 2017