University of Cambridge Undergraduate and Graduate 2018 Scholarships
Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Cambridge Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Cambridge (informally Cambridge University) is a collegiate public research university in Cambridge, England. Founded in 1209 and granted a royal charter by King Henry III in 1231, Cambridge is the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s fourth-oldest surviving university. The university grew out of an association of scholars who left the University of Oxford after a dispute with the townspeople. The two medieval universities share many common features and are often referred to jointly as “Oxbridge”.
Cambridge is formed from a variety of institutions which include 31 constituent colleges and over 100 academic departments organized into six schools. Cambridge University Press, a department of the university, is the world’s oldest publishing house and the second-largest university press in the world.
The university also operates eight cultural and scientific museums, including the Fitzwilliam Museum, as well as a botanic garden. Cambridge’s libraries hold a total of around 15 million books, eight million of which are in Cambridge University Library, a legal deposit library.
Invitation for Applications
The University of Cambridge has opened the application window for all scholarships that require you to apply to the University of Cambridge via the normal online application form, and most scholarships that require you to apply by the relevant deadline.
Eligible Countries for the Scholarship:
Who is Eligible for the University of Cambridge Scholarships:
These are guidelines on eligibility for scholarships that are available from the Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust:
- All students, irrespective of nationality, are eligible to be considered for funding by the Trust.
- The Trust does not accept applications from students who are part-way through a course at Cambridge, unless they are applying for funding towards a higher degree course following graduation.
- To find out more about your fee status, see information on the University’s web pages for undergraduates and for postgraduates.
- Applicants must be intending to start a course at the level of undergraduate (excluding UK/EU applicants), Masters (such as MPhil, MASt, LLM), or research postgraduate (such as PhD).
Duration of candidates program
How to Apply for the University of Cambridge Scholarships:
Please apply by the relevant deadline set for entry to your particular course and complete the ‘Funding’ section in the online Applicant Portal in order to be considered for funding.
- Please note that the Trust does not offer many scholarships to students on undergraduate courses, and has many more scholarship programmes available to postgraduate students. Approximately 85% of the scholarships awarded each year are to students taking Masters or PhD degrees.
- The Trust will not normally support students at a degree level that is the same as, or lower than, a degree they already hold, with two exceptions – we will consider an application from a student who is required to take a second Masters degree at Cambridge in order to gain admission to the PhD here, or from an international (non-EU) student who is proposing to study as an affiliated student at Cambridge for a second BA degree.
- The Trust does not have scholarships available for post-doctoral positions, or for visiting or exchange students.
- The Trust does not have scholarships available for part-time postgraduate degrees, and part-time undergraduate study is not available at the University of Cambridge.
- Undergraduate: 15th October 2018, 6.00 pm (UK time). However, there are some exceptions. If you are applying for undergraduate study and wish to be interviewed in China, Malaysia or Singapore, the deadline is 20th September 2018.
- Graduate: Some deadlines are as early as mid-November (LLM Law) and there will be two general course deadlines of 5th December 2018and 3rd January 2019.
Join Over 100,000+ Readers Online
WARNING! Do not attend to any call asking for money in regards to Jobs and Scholarships opportunity published on this website (schoolinfo.com.ng). It's our aim in making adequate and accurate information available for Scholars. So, we will never demand money from you for that. BEWARE!!!